What is it
GoSDC allows you to store all your software on a single SDHC, SD or MMC flash
card. Move all your floppies, harddiscs and tapes to the flash card, give them
names, and use them just like before (via the same filing systems).
- Everything is right there. At your fingertips. Simply select the floppy,
harddisc or tape by name, and then use it.
- Up to 32 GB of total storage (depending on the capacity of the flash card).
More space than you'll ever be able to use.
- Transfers roughly 100 KB per second. I.e. games and the like literally load
in a flash (only half a flash, really).
- Works as a completely transparent 'backend' of a variety of standard filing
systems. Choose your favourite one.
- Completely silent (no moving parts !). No more worries about the age
related failure of your drives and media.
- Batch capable tools for your PC (Windows, Linux, Mac OS) will get your
media on and off the flash card in a jiffy.
GoSDC simply plugs into a free ROM socket in the machine.
GoSDC is the successor to
Read about the most important differences between them
GoSDC is compatible with
- BBC model Bs running OS 1.20. With or without disc interface, Econet
interface and/or Second Processors.
- BBC Masters running MOS 3.20 or 3.50. With or without Econet interface
and/or Second Processors.
- Electrons. Possibly with some hardware extensions (as long as the expansion
port, or an Acorn Plus 1 compatible cartridge slot, is free).
Other machines, and machines with other expansions, may or may not be
compatible (ask me for advice).
There are two versions of GoSDC :
- MBE is the standard one, supports BBC model B, BBC Master and Electron
only, and provides the highest read and write performance.
- UNI supports additional machines and hardware (e.g. BBC B+), but has lower
write performance than the MBE version (100 vs. 150 KB/sec).
Note that running GoSDC on an Electron requires a special 'GoSDC to Electron'
interface, available at extra cost. There are two types : one (with 128 KB
sideways RAM) plugging into the expansion port, another (with 32 KB sideways
RAM) plugging into an Acorn Plus 1 compatible cartridge slot.
GoSDC is 'portable' between BBC model B, BBC Master and Electron, should you
have more than one of them.
For more information, refer to the GoSDC documentation, which you can
Your own GoSDC
Please refer to the 'Buy' section.